Cell Phone Rental FAQ
- Will my phone work outside the United States?
- So how come your phone will work outside the United States?
- How do I know what type of phone I need?
- How do I order a phone?
- What accessories come with the phone?
- How do I get my phone?
- When will I receive my phone?
- How do I return my phone?
- Does my rental period include shipping and return time?
- What if I return my phone late?
- What if my rental is more than a week but less than a month?
- What are the costs associated with renting?
- Can your service be added to my cellphone?
- How am I billed for the rental?
- Do you require a deposit?
- What is an authorization?
- Do you accept Debit cards?
- When will I billed for the rental?
- What do I do if I lose my phone?
- Will I be able to make calls as well as receive them?
- Will my phone have voicemail?
- Will I be charged for voicemail calls?
- Will my phone be able to send and receive text messages, e-mails and pictures?
- What are the charges for text messages, e-mails, and pictures?
- Is there a cancellation fee?
- What if my phone is not working?
- When is my phone activated/deactivated?
- I am going to be on a boat or in an area where regular cellular service is not available, what are my options?
- Do I need a Satellite Phone?
- I am unfamiliar with a satellite phone, what is it and how does it work?
Most destinations can be serviced with a regular cellular phone appropriate for that area. Simply indicate your specific destination and we will provide you with the correct phone.
In the event you are going to be at sea or in a remote area, a Satellite phone will probably be appropriate. Check with us and we will advise you accordingly.
No. Allcell provides you with a phone and a phone number.
You can forward calls from your own cell phone or landline phone to your rental phone. Please check with your carrier as forwarding charges and airtime may apply.
An authorization is not a charge, however it will affect your available credit for 3 to 7 days depending on the bank that issued the credit card. The authorization self expires at the end of that period.
American Express customers - the authorization has no affect on your credit line.
Immediately contact Allcell Rentals (24 hours a day - 7 days a week) at 215-985-2355 so we can suspend the service. You will be responsible for all calls until the phone is suspended.
You are responsible for lost or damaged equipment. See “Replacement Costs” on your order.
Generally - No, however if your phone has already been shipped you are responsible for the shipping charges. In the event the phone has already been delivered you are responsible for the timely return of the phone.
In the unlikely event you experience a problem or have a question regarding your phone or phone service please contact Allcell Rentals ASAP. International customers should call Allcell Rentals at 215-985-2355. Someone is on call 24 hours a day - 7 days a week. Be sure to provide us with a contact number other than your rental phone number. You will be reimbursed for any such call. See notice provided with your phone.
A Satellite phone will work virtually everywhere in the world - the middle of the ocean or in the desert. Communication is via satellite as opposed to cellular towers. As long as you can connect to the satellite your phone will work.
Allcell Rentals offers regular cellular service is over 220 countries.
If you will be on a boat/cruise or a remote location chances are you will need a satellite phone. The best way to be sure is to contact Allcell Rentals directly.
A satellite phone is somewhat larger and heavier than a cellular phone. In order to communicate, you must be outdoors and have a direct line of sight to the satellite. This is also true for receiving calls, consequently satellite phones are primarily used as “outbound” instruments. Satellite phones are more susceptible to dropped calls. Individuals calling a satellite phone should check with their long distance carrier for call rates. Most U.S. carriers charge $8 - $12 per minute to connect to a satellite phone.